Saturday 7 December 2013

Front Cover photo frontcover_zps993c9a32.jpg Mock up front cover: This photo bucket image shows the mock up I created before creating my actual design. The mock up conforms to the typical genre of Hip-Hop and R&B genre for example it includes a famous male artist that both genders can aspire to. The mode of address is giving direct gaze allowing the audience to feel as they're equal to them and are being informed. The cover was created as a draft and practice mock up in order to get me in practice for my main magazine cover that I will create on InDesign. This gives me a visual idea of what my magazine will look like and how I should improve it. I can ask my target audience of various ages to give me feedback on it and ask how I should improve and develop it to satisfy their needs. I used some existing stories and some that I made up to be more realistic to compare it. I was aiming to target the magazine to a large audience and I achieved this by showing various people and spreading it around using convergence such as internet, Facebook, Twitter, Emails and text to get feedback from different people. The layout of the front cover is simple yet appealing with the choice of colours that appeal to both genders but also it is a good colour scheme for the genre making it look sophisticated and bold as purple represents wealth and royalty. I decided to use purple as it is different from always using Red or blue which most magazines use for this specific genre. The colour purple looks different and unique but at the same time it attracts the audience. I have included those colours for the puffs so it stands out in boxed text to emphasis the words within the puff shape such as the star. Also the purpose of using a pull quote on the magazine interests bits of information said by someone important of saying something that will engage the target audience by either asking them feel aspired or motivated. The images used from the internet, producing current images that maybe the audience are aware of to appeal to them. To make the magazine more interesting and appealing but also for the brand to be recognized and purchased more, I have used convergence which gives the audience a sense of choice, access, control, surveillance, community and belonging. The convergence I have managed to include in my magazine is, the main website for the magazine where the audience can be informed about latest news, gossip, music and magazines sold etc. I have used twitter, Facebook, Instagram to check behind the scenes of various events which will be included in magazine, YouTube, QR code to make them part of the magazines social media. This allows users to access the virtual presence of the magazine. The barcode is at the bottom corner along with the issue number and price. The price is roughly what general magazines sell at so this will entice new customers to buy. This attracts a wider audience to read the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment